Italian for Beginners (A1 / ITA101)
Whether you are new to Italy or never got a chance to learn the basics, this Italian course is for you! Join a small online group of beginner students and a native teacher and start acquiring the confidence to express yourself in Italian.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases (e.g. how to introduce yourself and others; ask and answer questions about personal details, such as where you live, people you know, and your possessions; how to order at the café/ restaurant; how to talk about your day/routine; how to form and answer questions, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to move a spoken conversation forward, with basic listening comprehension and speaking skills
- Write Italian on a basic level
- Identify basic grammatical elements of Italian sentence structure
- Demonstrate reading comprehension of written Italian on basic level
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- 15 lessons of 1 hour and 30 minutes each
- Digital material and practice homework provided for each lesson (shared via e-mail)
- Live online lessons (Skype)
- Mondays and Tuesdays (9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Italian time)
- Meeting dates: 23-27 February + 2-6-9-13-16-20-23 March* + 3-6-10-13-17-20 April
(*if needed and depending on the nationality of the majority of the participants, the teacher will adjust the above dates in March to reflect Spring break/mid-term break to accommodate the students’ needs).
HOW TO REGISTER:
You can purchase this course directly from our website. After your purchase you will receive a sales receipt and a welcome message. A few days before the course, your teacher will reach out to you and send you the details of how to connect and the material for your first lesson.
If you have any questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org