NEW! Online Italian for Beginners: Morning Course.
Kick off your summer with this short Italian Course for Absolute Beginners. Whether you are at the beach, in the mountains or traveling, you can join our live 10 lesson course taught by a professional native teacher. You will learn how to express yourself in daily situations with simple sentences and have small interactions with the locals (e.g. the cafe, the restaurant, the city, etc.). Our groups are capped at 6 to maximize your learning experience and our program (see attached) can be custimized according to the group’s needs. For example, when you learn about the restaurant, you will also learn how to express yourself if you have food allergies or intolerances. This applies to every main topic in the course. All you need to do is to let your teacher know before the lesson begins or while she is explaining that particular topic.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- 10 live lessons
- 2 x per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Starting on June 21st
Lesson days: 21/23/28/30 June + 5/7/12/14/19/21 July
- Time: 10 a.m. – 11: 30 a.m. (Italian local time)
- Online format (Zoom)
- Small group (min. 2 and max 6 learners)
- Homework and material provided by the teacher via e-mail before the lesson
- The program can also be adapted to the needs of the group
- Prior knowledge of the language? No
- Technology: A decent internet connection
- If you choose to print out the material or the homework the teacher e-mails you weekly, you will need a printer too. Alternatively, you can use your device to open your attachments and follow the shared screen during the lesson.
- We recommend having pen and paper to take notes.
HOW TO SIGN UP AND HOW THE COURSE WORKS:
If you would like to sign up for the course, you can buy it directly off our website or, if you have any questions, please e-mail us . After you purchase the course, we will send you a receipt and put you in touch via e-mail with the teacher, who will welcome you and send you the Zoom link for your first class. Feel free to reply and introduce yourself. A few days prior to the course, the teacher will e-mail you the material that she will talk about in class (there is no homework due on your first lesson). During your lesson, she will share her screen, explain the daily topic, have you do exercises, speak, listen and/or read (sometimes all these abilities are present in one lesson, whereas other times only some). When you have a question, please feel free to let your instructor know. Our teacher speaks multiple languages, including English. Therefore, if you don’t understand or need explanations in English, please do not hesitate to ask. At the end of the lesson, she will assign homework to practice what you learned in class and that is due the following time you see her. The homework correction happens in class.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A LESSON?
We understand that life happens. If you miss a lesson, please notify your teacher, who will e-mail you the material at the end of lesson, the homework and, where possible, record the lesson for you. If you already know you are going to be absent on one of the lesson days, please let us know in advance so the teacher can make plans to record the lesson for you.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR LEARNING EXPERIENCE WHILE YOU ARE TAKING OUR COURSE:
- Take notes of the most important things while your instructor explains. This will allow you to retain fresh information better (as Italians say: the memory is in the pen!).
- Review your notes right after the class and then both before your homework and the next lesson. Reviewing will allow you to memorize the information and help you with your homework.
- Do your best to practice what you learned at home so it sticks to your brain. How? Talk to your husband, friend or to yourself in the mirror and repeat the informtion, sentences, verbs, etc. that you learned. It may sound strange, but it works!
- Do your best to always do your weekly homework.
- Have a question about a topic or a doubt? Please feel free to reach out to your teacher.