The concept of traditional education has radically changed, especially during the pandemic and with the rise of new technologies. Despite the fact that we have access to all sorts of online courses and classes, the skepticism surrounding online learning still remains, especially when it comes to language learning.
Here are 5 reasons why a language learner should opt for a remote experience:
- It’s flexible. When you have work and family commitments, it’s hard to squeeze in language learning on top of your regular responsibilities. Online learning allows you to set your schedule and begin your learning journey from the comfort of your home/office.
- It’s accessible. Virtual language learning is possible wherever there is an internet connection, literally almost anywhere in the world. This means you save time and money by cutting down on your commute to a physical location, which allows you to better focus on your education.
- It’s quality learning. The times of only being limited to teachers in your local region are long gone as there is now a larger pool of educators available online. With the click of a button, you have the opportunity to be connected to a plethora of professionals, who can teach you a language just like you were in a physical classroom.
- It’s a customizable learning experience. In addition to having access to very diverse material such as videos, photos, and e-books, online lessons incorporate smaller groups, are often tailor-made, and take into account the student’s learning pace.
- It’s more cost-effective. Online learning allows better budget management, both for the learner, who doesn’t have to commute to a physical location, and the school, who doesn’t have to invest in several resources.
Although online learning might not be for everyone and there is still uncertainty out there to leave behind the conventional classroom, there is no reason to shy away from this alternative. The remote experience has proven to be a valuable opportunity to maximize learning time and boost cognitive development.
If curious, speak with one of our teachers online for FREE!